Things I wish I didn't pack for 2 Months in Europe



A minimalist approach to packing will make travelling so much easier and cheaper. Keeping your bag small and light can help you save additional airport baggage fees, queues and allows you to move around with ease. On my recent backpacking trip to Europe, I thought I took the bare minimum, yet I still managed to bring multiple things which I didn't need. Here are the items that I should have left at home.

Hair straightener. Mum if you are reading this, you were right and I should have listened to you. Although I did use it, most hostels have a blow-dryer you can borrow for free. Also, when backpacking, appearance - particularly in the Winter, when I was travelling, is not a priority.

A third pair of pants. Two was enough and long pants just add extra unnecessary weight.

Camera. I ended up just taking all of my photos on my phone. So much easier than trying to manage more valuables.

Belt. These were to go with the trousers I only wore on one day out of the entire 2 months.

Huge scarf. If you saw my Instagram photos, you will know I wore that red scarf Every. Single. Day. I just wish I'd brought a smaller one that wasn't like a shawl!

Beanie. I've bought multiple beanies in my lifetime and each time I convince myself that this one will look good, yet they all make me look like an egg. My big coat had a hood so didn't need a beanie anyway.

Overall, I did pack pretty well but these were just a few things I'd do differently next time.

Let me know if you'd be interested to know what I did pack for 2 months of backpacking!
SHARE:

2 comments

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig