You *NEED* to Visit These 15 Instagrammable Spots in Sydney

If you are looking for the MOST Instagrammable photo spots in Sydney, then look no further. Today I'm going to be sharing with you my favourite city locations, beaches, pools & nature spots across this amazing city + some bonus locations that are a short drive away from the city. So whether you are a local or you are planning your first trip here, there is guaranteed to be something here for you!

This guide is FULL of **FREE** Sydney photo ideas, restaurant recommendations, tips for how to get around and MORE. 

I have lived in Sydney all of my life and in my very *non-biased* opinion I think it's one of the best cities in the world. The weather is relatively warm all year round, we have STUNNING beaches, cute cafes, galleries and so much more. After almost 2 years of not being able to leave the country - and in some parts of lockdown, my 5K radius - I am appreciating my city more and more.


GETTING AROUND SYDNEY + TIPS

Before I jump into my favourite Sydney spots, let's talk about getting around. Something to consider when visiting Sydney is that a lot of the well known locations such as the Harbour Bridge, Manly and Bondi Beach are all fairly spread out from one another. Luckily there are lots of options for getting around:


- Public Transport -

Sydney is not short of public transport - there are plenty of buses, trains, light-rails & ferries to travel around and paying for them couldn't be easier. Just tap your debit/ credit card when getting on/ off public transport. If that isn't an option for you, head to a newsagent and grab an Opal Card (our local transport card). It is free, you just have to load money onto it!

👉 PRO TIP: Put your desired location into google maps, select the train symbol, and it will recommend the quickest way to get there via public transport.

- Rent a Bike -

You can't walk 100m nowadays without coming across a share bike. All the Sydney share bike companies have pretty much the same system. Download their app, find an available bike near you, book the bike then pick it up. In order to ride, you scan the QR code on the bike. 

REMEMBER: In Sydney you legally must wear a helmet while riding. Make sure you rent a bike with a helmet attached.

- Taxi/ Uber -

There are Taxi/ Uber drivers all over Sydney. 

👉 PRO TIP:  While Uber used to be significantly cheaper than Taxis, I've found that prices have risen and Ubers are now significantly more than Taxis. Download 13Cabs (for Taxis) and Uber so that you can easily compare prices for yourself.

- Drive -

If you live in Sydney and have a car OR have a rental then lucky you! You'll be able to drive to all the top spots with ease.

👉 PRO TIP:  A lot of street parking in Sydney is paid. I recommend parking in a residential area around 10min walk from where you want to go to save money! 


WHAT TO BRING

What to bring will very much depend on the season and what activities you have planned. As a general rule of thumb, I recommend always bringing:

Sun cream - The UV rating in Australia is the 2nd highest in the world (after New Zealand). Cannot recommend sun cream enough! While you're at it, pack sunglasses & a hat too.

Water bottle - Avoid buying disposable bottles and bring one with you. The water in Sydney is drinkable and there are plenty of water taps that you can refill at.

Walking shoes - If you are going to lots of locations in one day, I recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes to avoid sore feet & blisters.


CITY LOCATIONS

Alright let's get into my top Instagram worthy CITY locations (the real reason you are reading this post)!

1. Luna Park 

Starting with an absolute banger is Luna Park, an AESTHETIC theme park close to the heart of the city. To prove my point about it being aesthetic, I have been there 5 times now and every single time was to take photos (still yet to actually go on a ride there)! Thankfully, it is free to enter - you only need to pay to go on rides. Click here for the best photos spots at Luna Park!  


2. The Grounds of Alexandria 

This might sound dramatic but I'd say this is one of the most Instagrammable cafes in the world. Don't believe me? Click here to see proof! Look up their website before you go to see what installation they have at the time. 


3. Opera House + Harbour Bridge

These two ICONIC structures can be captured from many different locations but my favourite spot is in Circular Quay near Opera Bar. You can get the entire bridge in a photo or a cool shot at the stairs leading up to the Opera House! 


4. The Rocks

Be transported to London with gorgeous sandstone buildings, hidden alleyways and coloured walls - there's even a red phone box! Click here to see my favourite spot in the Rocks. Oh and please ignore the fact I look 12 - I wasn't far off that age ;)


5. Sugar Republic 

If you are in The Rocks - then stay a little longer and visit the Sugar Republic Museum. There are always different exhibits on that are interactive, colourful & Instagram worthy! Click here to see REELS from inside the exhibits...


6. The Museum of Contemporary Art 

The Museum of Contemporary Art (otherwise known as the MCA) is between the Opera House & The Rocks - I sense an itinerary coming together! There's usually a free exhibit (we love a free experience) + some paid ones. If you are feeling fancy, there's a bar at the top of the gallery with views of the Opera House. Click here for my favourite photos from the gallery! 

7. Carriageworks

Time to leave the city centre and venture over to the suburb of Everleigh, a 15 minute train ride from the city. My favourite place to visit there is Carriageworks, a former railway station now transformed into a multi-arts centre. If you visit on Saturday morning, there is also a local farmers market. Click here for an AESTHETIC AF exhibit from a couple of years ago. 


8. Royal Botanic Gardens

Before we move onto Sydney's most aesthetic beaches and pools, I have one more CITY location for you - the Royal Botanic Gardens. There are so many places within the park to visit, whether it's the Palace Rose Garden, the Succulent Garden or the Fernery - there's bound to be something that catches your eye. 

👉 PRO TIP: The park is also popular for picnics so bring some snacks for a memorable lunch with a view. 

BEACHES & POOLS

Sydney is known for it's ICONIC beaches & swim spots. Keep reading for some of my favourite Insta worthy food spots!

9. Bondi Beach

Ahh Bondi. I have a love hate relationship with this beach. It is the most famous beach in Sydney, hence is packed with tourists through the Summer months (December - February). However, I think it's still worth the hype, especially if you go early in the morning or later in the evening. 

👉 PRO TIP: If you are going to visit Bondi, you cannot miss Speedos cafe. Try their Insta-famous pancake stack & Blue Bliss Bowl. Another delicious foodie spot to visit, if you love smoked salmon bagels as much as me, is Lox in a Box. 


10. Bronte Beach

The beach itself is beautiful but the popular Insta spot is the Bronte Baths. It's an oceanside pool surrounded by big rocks.

Once you've snapped your photos, walk a few minutes over to Bogey Hole Cafe if you want to try the BEST banana smoothies in the world (verified by Milky Way Blogger ;). This cafe is super nostalgic to me because my childhood home was in Bronte. For special occasions, my dad would take my sister, Zo and I to this cafe for a banana smoothie. Don't worry, I've been back since and the smoothies are even better than I remembered!


11. Gordon's Bay

You can find this beach with rocky cliffs and turquoise waters between Bronte and Coogee Beach. 

12. La Perouse

Heading further south, you eventually will get to La Perouse. There are multiple beaches, a sandstone watchtower and an Island (YES you read that correctly). 


13. Milk Beach

This hidden treasure is located along the Hermitage Foreshore walk but if you don't have time to do the whole walk, you can access the beach by parking on Carrara Road, near Strickland House. This beach has views of the ENTIRE city, including the Harbour Bridge.


14. Camp Cove + Hornby Lighthouse

Just a short walk from Watson's Bay ferry wharf, is Camp Cove Beach. Popular Insta photos spots: The Little Hut and the side of the Camp Cove Kiosk. 


NATURE SPOTS

Want to escape the heart of city? Let's talk about some Insta worthy nature spots, that are easy to get to.

15. Centennial Park

I could write a blog post along on all the spots to shoot in Centennial park (Let me know if that's something you'd be interested in). This is by far the place I've taken photos in the most - at least 15 times now! If I had to narrow it down to my two favourites it would be the Lily Pond Bridge & the long grass (on top of the hill between Greenhouse cafe and the Randwick Gate). Click here for a BONUS location.


16. Paddington Reservoir

Okay I know I said 15 but I had to include this one - so enjoy a bonus location! Want to be transported to ancient Roman baths? Visit the Paddington Reservoir Gardens for some AMAZING photos. And entry is completely free (yay)! Click for some photo inspo! 

Let me know in the comments which spots you are most excited to visit!

Pin this post!

    

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig