Five Years of Blogging


Two blog posts in one week?! Unheard of! 

I was looking back at my first ever blog post (you can see that hidden treasure here) and realised that today marks FIVE years of Milky Way Blog! My blog was started as a creative outlet and I didn't think I'd keep it up longer than a few months, but here we are! 

Five years ago I wanted to take a year off to travel, move out of home and study vet science in Melbourne. When I finished school in 2016, I went straight to university (in Sydney) to study Chemical Engineering. I didn't enjoy first year of uni at all - there were multiple times where I looked into changing degrees or dropping out of university all together. However, I stuck with it and am enjoying it much more now. Over the past year I've met some of my best friends and lost contact with people I thought I'd be friends with for years. This has made me realise that although it's important to have goals for the future, in order to motivate yourself, it's okay if these don't go to plan as it may lead to something better! 

The last five years have also taught me the importance of hard work and perseverance. I wouldn't be where I am today without it. So if you take anything from this post, it's too have goals, but be flexible. Have fun and work hard! 

Here are some fun photos from my years of blogging - let me know if you recognise any of them from blog posts! 

Thanks for sticking around!
G x

This is one of my unposted pictures from an early blog post - you can see it here... Back then, I didn't share photos of my face.

My Grandpa took this photo of me on a road trip we went on to practice driving. I actually submitted this into a photo competition and won an iPad from it!

Visiting my friend Brooke in Melbourne. I met her after I'd been blogging for a few months and we've met up several times since!

From my first ever blog post - I look like a baby!!

Moody teenager 

Moody teenager part 2

 I got quite into learning Photoshop at one point, so posted a series of edits on Instagram - let me know if you remember it!


Market day - this ended up being published in Dolly Magazine! 
Back when flatlays were trendy - also got to collaborate with Colourhide!

A few months after starting my blog, I went on a school trip to Nepal. You can see the blog post about it here

Got photos taken by one of my favourite photographers - Gabi Mulder. This was one of the shoots we did (here)

Another flatlay

A video for my YouTube channel - yes I have a channel. Haven't posted in a long time...

Met Emily from Emily Jane Blog

Met Chloe in NZ from A Little Birdy Blog

Discovered Bullet Journalling 

Got invited to a workshop

Started taking photos with Tashi

Cut off all of my hair for charity and graduated from school

Schoolies

Travelled to NYC with my Grandma

BLOGMAS

Hawaii

Discovered Pin-Up Fashion

First of many shoots with Kat and Tashi

Some of my favourite people

SHARE:

2 comments

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig